Click here for the 7192 2020 Monthly Plan 2020A for January 2020 -October 2020.
Meetings are on most Monday nights, 7:30-8:45p at Central College Presbyterian Church. Park in the back parking lot.
The Scouts BSA Girl Troop 7192 has been very active! In June, we had our first campout at Mohican State Park and went kayaking. Our July campout was at Delaware State Park where we did geocaching, disc golf, hiking, and a tour of the Delaware dam. In August, we earned the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge. All the girls received their Scout Rank Advancement at the August Court of Honor. Our September campout was at Camp Tuscazoar (south of Canton, OH) where we hiked 5 miles, watched a Civil War re-enactment, saw a play called “The Andersonville Trial” and earned the American Heritage Merit Badge. We also participated in the Introduction to Leadership Skills Training (ILST). In October, we hiked 10 miles and learned Civil War history at Gettysburg, PA. We also attended a flag etiquette open house led by Veterans at the American Legion on College Avenue.
Girls (11-17) interested in adventure, camping, life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join! First year campouts and activities include:
- June 2019 – Kayaking at Mohican State Park
- July 2019 – Campout at Delaware State Park, Intro to Geocaching & Disc Golf, Hiking,
- August 2019 at Beltz Retreat Center for the Rifle Shooting merit badge
- September 2019 at the Zoar Civil War Reenactment to earn American Heritage merit badge
- October Trip to Gettysburg (Pennsylvania)
- November – Citizenship in the Nation and Citizenship in the World merit badges
- November, December, and January Service Projects
- January 2020 – Swimming merit badge
- February 2020 – First Aid merit badge
- March 2020 – Geology merit badge
- April 2020 – Bicycling
- May 2020 – Backpacking
- June 2020 – Kayaking merit badge
Girls also have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Troop 7192 implements the same structure, dates and times, and advancement procedures as Troop 192. We will usually meet in a different space than Troop 192 so that girls have the opportunity to lead and advance at their own pace.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska. She has done 6 week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in 46 states, most of Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.